Our ABL Health Care Home Health Aides are paraprofessional members of the home care team working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Therapist. Our Abl Health Care provide personal care services, track and observe the patients’ state and well-being, as well as document and report these observations to the supervising nurse or therapist. They will be assigned in a manner which promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care.
Responsibilities of the ABL Health Care include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing personal care including:
- Back rubs
- Oral hygiene
- Changing bed linen
- Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
- Skin care to prevent breakdown
- Assisting the patient with toileting activities
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
- Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary
- Taking and recording vital signs
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
- Assisting patients in the self-administration of medication.
- Laundry and light housekeeping, as necessary
- Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, etc.).
- Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
All our ABL Health Care Aides undergo rigorous training, which includes documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct. They are also subject to drug testing and background checks so your family can feel safe and secure.