ABL Health Care is proud to offer a wide range of skilled nursing services for homebound patients experiencing an illness, disease or injury, recovering from surgery, or requiring special care and assistance due to age related complications.
With advances in medical technology, we are able to provide health care in the privacy and comfort of the patient’s home, enabling them to avoid taxing trips to the hospital, long-term confinement in a skilled nursing facility, or further complications from unnecessary movement and activity.
Some of the Skilled Nursing Services we provide include:
- Comprehensive Wound and Ostomy Care Management – includes evidence-based advanced wound care therapies such as Negative Pressure Wound Therapies, care for patients with Biological Dressings or Skin Substitute Dressings.
- Pain Management – includes medication and an interventional approach, coordinating with pain clinics to prevent narcotic addiction.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program – including blood pressure, anticoagulant and cardiac medication management.
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) Leg Edema Prevention and Management – as the most common cause of skin ulceration, CVI requires a comprehensive approach to manage and prevent leg edema which includes intermittent pneumatic and gradient compression therapy, as well as selection and proper fitting of compression garments towards the end of the healing process and as part of the preventative measures.
- Comprehensive Diabetic and Foot Care Prevention & Management – including foot-care education, proper hygiene and protection, surveillance, and treatment to avoid further foot injuries or complications that my lead to amputations.
- Dementia Care Management – environment fall risk assessment, meal planning and preparation, medication reminders and crises management.
- Patient, Family, Caregiver Education & Training – we also provide education and training to patients, family members and caregivers to inform them of the importance of sticking to the care protocol, from maintaining a strict diet, medication management and effective symptom control, in order to facilitate healing as well as prevent serious medical complications.